Many people, including more than 30 children, have been taken to Knobel hospital outside Polokwane in Limpopo after suspected food poisoning . They allegedly ate the food during a pre-school graduation ceremony at Masehlong-Moletjie village on Thursday.
Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) councillor in the Molemole Municipality, Makgabo Kobo, says he has also taken his grandmother to the hospital.
Kobo says most people, including children, are vomiting and have diarrhea.
Kobo says ambulances have been transporting the sick from the village to the hospital.
“Yesterday at Masehlong pre-school they had a graduation for the children they ate things. I think the food was poisoned. I took my grandmother to the hospital, when I got there at the hospital I found a lot of people from my home, my place even now they’re still there. The ambulance is still going to Masehlong Moletjie, they still collecting another child to the hospital.”
The Health Department is yet to comment.
The post Dozens hospitalised allegedly due to food poisoning at school function in Polokwane appeared first on SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader. .