Motorists will know two weeks from now what government’s decision is regarding the future of etolls in Gauteng.
Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula said this on Monday, during the launch of the City of Joburg’s Road Safety Campaign on the M2 freeway in Johannesburg.
President Cyril Ramaphosa appointed a task team earlier this year, led by Mbalula, to come up with a solution to the controversial e-tolling system.
Mbalula says he’ll make a pronouncement soon.
“The borrowing capacity of South Africa in terms of the bond market is critical in maintaining some integrity going into the future, and how we meet road users who say etoll is taxing on them.”
“In two weeks I will come back and give you what is the position of government on this.”
The post Decision on e-tolls expected in two weeks appeared first on SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader. .